Wed, Dec 20|
Aprendamos de Café!
Come learn about Guatemalan coffee (sabores, regions and volcanoes oh my!), the supply chain (and why our model of roasted at origin is so important!), and bask in the deliciousness of one-of-a-kind coffees!
Details / Detalles
Dec 20, 2023, 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Denver, 4935 W 38th Ave, Denver, CO 80212, USA
About / Sobre el Evento
At Convivio Café, we love talking about GUATEMALA and we love talking about COFFEE!
Did you know coffee is a CHERRY!? Have you ever wondered how we get from farm to cup with this product? Curious about the fantastic flavor possibilities of different coffees? You came to the right place.
Come join us for a class tranquilo (read: chill) where we will learn in a non-judgy environment, together about this amazing little coffee cherry that could, making its way from beautiful volcano hillsides of Guatemala to our cup here in Colorado. Taught by the two socias (owners) of Convivio Café - Vivi + Kristin - this evening is sure to make you feel right at home.. and give you a few good laughs too.
You'll get to do stuff like this:
- "Cup" several different coffees ("cupping" is the fancy term for tasting, read: quality check)
- Get a sneak peak behind-the-scenes of what it takes to grow, harvest, process, ferment (yep, you heard that right!) and roast your coffee!
- Chat and laugh with friends - some new some old - about the trip you're taking with your taste buds!
- Bonus ! You'll try some exclusive coffees only roasted small batch!
You'll walk away with three things:
- Crazy cool facts and flavors of Guatemalan coffee
- Deep love for the importance of our model - origin coffee
- Exclusive experience with micro-lot, small-batch coffees!
- Oh.... and a 10% discount on coffee bags you purchase that day!
PSA: We know caffeine post 4pm can be tough for folks, so we'll also have vegan-friendly snacks for you to soak up some of that buzz. Also, cafecito at 4pm in Guate is all the rage, so you'll go out in style!
Coffee Class with the Socias!$15.00+$0.38 service fee